Tuesday, March 6, 2012

shawl neck baby cardigan

I have a very sweet, dear friend who is pregnant with her first child (another boy!). I went to graduate school with her, and she is just a wonderful lady. Her mother in law was, ironically enough, the person who first introduced me to weaving as something people could accomplish in their homes.

She and her husband are so special to us, that I wanted to knit her baby a sweater that would be easy-care and as sophisticated as I imagine her entire nursery will be.

Here is what I came up with:
untitled-3033
untitled-3034
untitled-3032

Here is the pattern. It was a quick and easy knit. I did kfab's as the increases, and picked up a few extra stitches under the arms instead of seaming. On the second arm round I knit these extra stitches together with the stitch on either side. I used a cotton acrylic blend, for ease of washing in their household. I have already run it through the washer and dryer, and it came out beautifully with light blocking.

1 comment:

  1. I do not think I knew her mother in law introduced that to you. Wow. Unless I am confused. Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete