Thursday, March 22, 2012

Somehow, we missed Winter

In fact, I am not sure we will even have a Spring. It has been in the solid 80's for a week.

The official harborer of Spring was the arrival of the first month of my Nerd Girl Yarns fiber club subscription. Here she is, in all her glory. I am hoping she motivates me to finish plying the singles I have been staring at on my wheel for a month.
untitled-3037

For the record, I really love Nerd Girl Yarns. Probably because I am a fairly nerdy girl.

The braid of fiber came with some stickers. They made me happy.
untitled-3038

In other news, I planted my Spring garden last week. Sweet peas, kale, spinach, chard, greens, parsley, lettuces, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, and carrots. I also put in grapes and a few blueberries. It seems like every season I wage war on one creature or another. The cover over the garden was to protect the young plants from my enemies the wild rabbits. By wild, I mean completely habituated to humans to the point that my children can nearly pet them. What the netting does not protect the plants from is slugs. I have a series of beer traps set up, and I think Joe is getting a huge kick out of me going outside with a flashlight several times a night to hand pick them off. I am not sure who is winning yet. Probably them.
untitled-3040

No comments:

Post a Comment